Today I am going to write Hostgator web Hosting reviews, which will help you to know everything about Hostgator. When we start developing a website, then the most crucial step is choosing the best web hosting for our site. As we all know web hosting is the backbone of our site, so you need to consider few things before select a web hosting.
When we start developing a website, then the most crucial step is choosing the best web hosting for our site. As we all know web hosting is the backbone of our site, so you need to consider few things before select a web hosting.
I am saying choosing a hosting for your site is a crucial step because almost all the things of your site depend on it. For example site speed, web space, uptime, traffic handling, etc. If you select a poor hosting then you will get limited features, frequently server down and many other problems. That is why choosing a good Webhost would be your priority in starting a website.
I know you have so many options to choose from which one is better or best hosting that will satisfy you and fulfill all the requirements of your website. I am trying to give you as much details as possible about all the hosting providers so that you can select the best one according to your needs. So today in this article in am going to write a detailed review for Hostgator web hosting.
- 1 Introduction to Hostgator
- 2 Also Check: Bluehost Web Hosting Reviews
- 3 Hostgator Web Hosting Reviews
- 4 Hostgator Pricing (Shared Hosting Plans)
- 5 Hostgator Managed WordPress Hosting (WordPress Cloud)
- 6 Hostgator Customer Support
- 7 Speed Test - Hostgator Web Hosting Reviews
- 8 Hostgator Advantages ( Why should I choose Hostgator?)
- 9 Hostgator Disadvantages
Introduction to Hostgator
Hostgator is The Web hosting company based in Houston Texas, United States. It founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley, who was a student at Florida Atlantic University. Hostgator is serving the web industry for 14 years now. The main headquarter of Hostgator is based in Houston Texas, United States, earlier it was located in Boca Raton, Florida.
In 2006 Hostgator had passed the 200,000 mark of registered domains. In 2008 Hostgator started providing unlimited Webhosting services to give a tough competition to their competitors. This move had increased their sales by 30%, and they recorded 34.8 million revenue in the year 2008.
In 2011 Hostgator started their two new branches in Nashik and Maharashtra, INDIA. In 2012 the founder Brent Oxley sold the Hostgator to Endurance International Group for $225 Million. As of 2013 Hostgator hosts over 9 million domains and has over 400,00 customers worldwide. Now let's know about the Hostgator pricing.
Also Check: Bluehost Web Hosting Reviews
Hostgator Web Hosting Reviews
Hostgator offers the different type hosting plans such as Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress hosting, VPS, Cloud Hosting and Dedicated Server. Except shared hosting all the other hosting plans are advanced and costly which mainly used on high traffic websites.
If you are just starting your site and you don't have massive traffic, then I will recommend you to try Hostgator shared hosting plan. Hostgator offers three different shared hosting plans which I am going to discuss in pricing section of the article briefly.
I will analyze and review Hostgator web hosting service in following parameters and these are given below.
- Hostgator Pricing
- Hostgator Managed WordPress Hosting
- Hostgator Customer Support
- Hostgator Speed
- Hostgator Advantages
- Hostgator Disadvantages
As you can see below is the screenshot of shared hosting packages offers by Hostgator. These three plans are the most popular and most selling plans by Hostgator.
When you consider hosting for your website, then the first thing comes to your mind is the price of the hosting. You always want a good or cheap price for the features you are getting with your hosting plan. Everyone will go with less price and best features, and that is the reason why all the companies compete for the best user satisfaction. Becuase user satisfaction results into increasing the sales. Is HostGator justify the price they are demanding for their web hosting service? Let's find out!
Hostgator offers three shared hosting plans which are as follows.
- Hatchling Plan - Cheapest plan by Hostgator, and best if you are going to host a new website with the single domain.
- Baby Plan - The Most popular plan by Hostgator, best for you if you are going to host multiple domains on a single hosting plan.
- Business Plan - As the name suggest "Business Plan," it is best if you are going to open an eCommerce store or any other business site requiring Private SSL certificate.
Below in the table, you can see the features you are getting with these three shared hosting plans by Hostgator.
|Hatchling Plan (Starting at $5.56/mo*)|
Baby Plan (Starting at $7.96/mo*)
|Business Plan (Starting at $11.96$/mo*)|
|Buy me||Buy me||Buy me|
As you can see Hostgator web hosting, plans are a little bit costly in comparison to Bluehost. But if you look at the features such as SSL and money back guarantee for 45 days then it justifies the pricing of Hostgator.
Hostgator Managed WordPress Hosting (WordPress Cloud)
Hostgator has specially provided hosting for WordPress websites. However, you can use WordPress on any hosting plan. Managed WordPress hosting is specially made to sustain heavy load typically occurs with WordPress. Managed WordPress Hosting is based on Cloud servers which are conveniently fast.
Hostgator Managed WordPress hosting perform 2.5X faster than shared hosting. Managed WordPress hosting is best if you are going to build your website with WordPress because the servers are specially configured to perform maximum with WordPress.
Features of Managed WordPress Hosting by Hostgator (WordPress Cloud)
- Experience 2.5X faster load times due to supercharged cloud architecture, low-density servers, CDN, and multiple caching layers.
- Clean & Easy to Use Control Panel.
- Your website content will be managed more efficiently by enabling dynamic content requests to be processed lightning fast.
- Managed WordPress hosting will turbocharge your website.
In the table below, I have pointed all the three packages of WordPress Cloud Hosting and their features. Let's check out.
|Starter Plan (Starting from $5.95/mo*)||Standard Plan (Starting from $7.95/mo*)||Business Plan (Starting from $9.95/mo*)|
|Buy me||Buy me||Buy me|
Hostgator Customer Support
Hostgator provides 24x7 support, and you can contact them via live chat, email, direct phone call. I have read many customer reviews on many websites to know more about their customer support service.
The average customer support rating of Hostgator is 3.3/5 which is not certainly the best but good enough. The average response time of Hostgator is 8 minutes which sometimes increase up to 10 - 15 minutes, but they stick to you until your problem get resolved.
Speed Test - Hostgator Web Hosting Reviews
The speed of your website depends on the server speed of your web hosting. No one like slow loading sites, no one has time to wait for your site to load. Also, Google gives priority to fast sites, so if your website is slow, then your site is not going rank #1 in Google. That is why the speed of your site is the most crucial aspect, and site speed also depends on several other parameters, but server speed is the most critical.
When it comes to Hostgator server speed, it simply beats the Bluehost servers. Hostgator never disappoints their customers when it comes to server speed, It impress me as well.
I manually tested the Hostgator server speed and as you can see in the screenshot above, Hostgator's US(W) server speed is 10ms which fall into turbo category. Hostgator has the fastest servers, and it is way ahead of its competitors regarding server speed.
Hostgator Advantages ( Why should I choose Hostgator?)
If you have many options to choose from and someone tells you to select one, then you will ask why? Any advantage? Benefits attract everyone's mind that is why everyone looks for benefits if they have to choose one hosting over others.
Hostgator is serving the industry for 14 years, and it is one of the largest hosting companies in the world. But this is not enough to answer your question, so let's check out what advantages you have if you choose Hostgator over other hosting companies.
- High-Speed Server with average response time of 10ms, which makes HostGator servers the fastest and make it to the Turbo category.
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee which is higher than many of its competitors.
- 24x7 Customer Support contact them anytime you want.
- Free SSL with all the shared hosting plans.
- Unlimited Storage & Bandwidth so you can use as much space as you want.
- $100 Google Adwords and Bing Credit to promote your website on Google and Bing.
- Instant Backups to make sure your data is safe.
- Free Website Builder to design and customize your website.
- Unlimited Sub Domains with every hosting plans.
- Private SSL and Dedicated IP with business shared hosting plan.
- Easy to use control panel with all the hosting plans.
- Price are a little bit high if we compare with their competitors.
- Customer support is not an advantage because sometimes it takes longer to response and many users have complained about their customer support. However, customer support rating is 3.3/5 which is not at all bad but not the best either.
- They are not Offering free domain with shared hosting plans.
- Domains are also costly, and you will get .com extension for 12.99/yr.
Are you ready to get started with Hostgator? Click here to select your hosting plan today.
Above I have tried to describe and review HostGator web hosting service entirely, I hope it will help you to choose a best hosting plan for your website.
Check out my ratings are given below based on my Hostgator web Hosting reviews.